Moi

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I'm a 25 year old female, with an inner child of 6! I live in texas and spend much of my time living as that very real child inside of me.

Links

My friend Sammy
My mommy

Support Groups I belong to
Inner Child World

Phoenix Hope
GirlTalk Forums



Other Interesting Links!
Knuffles
--a webzine for adult little girls!

Recent Posts

Archives

About Me!
I am a 25 year old female. I have alot of health problems both physical and mental.I also have a very strong inner child, her name is Maya and she is 6. This is my way of dealing with my illnesses and my life, through her eyes.

I have a very awesome mommy, I was adopted Christmas day of 2005! I also have, 3 sisters, a brother, tons of cousins, aunts an uncle and so very many special friends.

I am a very spoiled little girl and I know it!
Thursday, November 23, 2006
A Thankful Heart

I didn't intend for today to even feel like the amazingly magical day that is did. In fact when we first started to plan our thanksgiving meal here and the friends we would invite over, it seemed like it would turn into a flop like most other years, and that I would find out that my bio-family was right, that my life really did suck without them. But today was proof that I don't need their approval, to have a place that I belong in. Today I didn't need to show off my perfect green bean casserole, or hide the we sort of burnt the pumpkin pie a tiny bit....today it wasn't material things that made it all so perfect....

Today it was the laughter of friends, the sharing of good food, the watching of sappy holiday movies, and just enjoying a nice warm fall day, and taking a good warm cozy nap afterwards. Today I have so many things to be thankful for that it's impossible for me to even begin to list them.

I'm thankful to be at home, that in and of itself in a miracle, because for those who don't know me well, I have a pretty cruddy medical history, and this time of year is when my body is the least able to resist infection, but so far this year feels like such a blessing simply because of that. This time last year I was suffering through a lot of stomach problems, it was refusing to digest food because of a partially paralyzed nerve, and this year I was enjoying a thanksgiving meal, with limitations, but I was still able to do it, without the aide of a feeding tube!

I'm thankful to even have a place to call home, it might not be much, but it was literally 5 years ago from today that I was still in a very abusive environment and planning to be on my way to my now mommy on a plane within a few days from then. I might have lost the materialistic life I grew up with, but I have gained a true sense of what family is.

Which brings me to my amazing family and friends. You are all too many to even begin to mention, because if I did I know without a doubt I would forget someone, but if I should ever forget to tell you how much you mean to me, please know right now that i love each and every one of you from the very bottom of my heart, and when we went around the table today, and when I said I was thankful for family, it included not only my mommy and my sister and cousin in real life but the people who literally span the globe that make my life the miracle of love that it is.

Today I saw life in the innocent way it should be seen again, for brief moments I felt as carefree and small and taken care of as a real 6 year old. Today, some of the magic came back.
 

This Explorer did it on 6:21 PM # |